Over two weeks, thousands of cardboard boxes will be transformed into the building blocks of a series of democratically assembled buildings including a new floating cardboard bridge at Waterside, a testimony to Galway’s River Corrib Viaduct once part of the famous Galway to Clifden Railway.
This awe–inspiring and spectacular architectural event is created by the people, for the people, and demonstrates the very best of community spirit and collective endeavour.
Dates & Times:
- 13-19 July
- 20 & 21 July 11am-4pm
- 22nd of July - 3pm (Waterside)
- 22nd of July - 6pm (Eyre Square)
- The workshops will take place twice daily from 9:30am - 12:30pm or 2pm - 6pm until July 19th
- Workshops will take place in The Shed on the middle pier of the Docks in the city centre
- Bring along some friends and family, it's a group community experience!
- As a volunteer you need to meet 15 mins before your shift start
- Meet outside the Dock gate on the footpath.
- There will be toilets on site and snacks, wear comfy clothes and if you are bringing children, they must be accompanied by you at all times
We are also looking for volunteers to take part in the construction and demolition of The People Build. The dates are 20 & 21 July for the construction and 22 July for the demolitions. APPLY HERE to take part in the works, construction or demolition
Walsh Waste is proud to support #GIAF2018 and sponsor the #PeopleBuild